GSTplus HelpCenter

Search for answers to your questions by entering keywords below, or look through our knowledge base.

Is tax wrongly paid adjustable?


Suppose a taxable person has paid IGST/ CGST/SGST mistakenly as an Interstate/intrastate supply, but the nature of which is subsequently clarified.

Can the CGST/SGST be adjusted against wrongly paid IGST or vice versa?

No. He will have to pay the appropriate tax and claim refund of the tax wrongly paid. (IGST Sec.30 and

Sec.53 GST).

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful