Where any person liable to pay tax, transfers his business in whole/part, by sale, gift, lease, leave and license, hire, or in any other manner, then such person and the person to whom the business is transferred shall jointly and severally be liable to pay the tax, interest or penalty due from the taxable person up to the time of such transfer, whether such dues has been determined before such transfer, but has remained unpaid or is determined thereafter.
Articles in this section
- Which is the applicable section for the purpose of recovery of tax short paid or not paid or amount erroneously refunded or input tax credit wrongly availed or utilized?
- Can the person chargeable with tax pay the amount of demand along-with interest before issue of notice under section 51A?
- If notice is issued under Section 51A and thereafter the noticee makes payment, is there any need to adjudicate the case?
- What is the relevant date for issue of Show Cause Notice under Section 51A/B?
- Is there any time limit to issue SCN or adjudicate the case u/s 51A/B?
- Can the person chargeable with tax pay the amount of demand along-with interest before issue of notice under section 51B?
- If notice is issued under Section 51B and thereafter the noticee makes payment, is there any need to adjudicate the case?
- In case a notice is adjudicated under Section 51B and order issued confirming tax demand and penalty, does the noticee have any option to pay reduced penalty?
- What happens in cases (both under Section 51A & B) where notice is issued but order has not been passed within 3 years (51A)/5 years (51B)?
- What happens if a person collects tax from another person but does not deposit the same with Government?