Yes. The definition of input tax includes the tax payable under sub-section (3) of section 7 (Reverse Charge). The credit can be availed if such goods and/or services are used, or are intended to be used, in the course or furtherance of his business.
Articles in this section
- What is input tax?
- What is the implication of different definition of “input tax” in three acts viz CGST, SGST and IGST Acts?
- Can GST paid on reverse charge be considered as input tax?
- Does input tax includes tax (CGST/ IGST/SGST) paid on input goods, input services and/ or capital goods?
- What is the ITC entitlement of a person who has been granted registration under Section 16(2)?
- A person is eligible for input tax credit on inputs held in stock within how many days
- What is the eligibility of input tax credit on inputs in stock for a person who obtains voluntary registration?
- Where goods and/or services received by a taxable person are used for effecting both taxable and non-taxable supplies, whether the input tax credit is available to the registered taxable person?
- Where goods and/or services received by a taxable person are used for the purpose of business and non-business supplies, whether the input tax credit is available to the registered taxable person?
- What would be input tax eligibility in cases where there is a change in the constitution of a registered taxable person?