As per section 16(12) of the MGL, the registered taxable person, who was paying tax under section 7 opts to pay tax under Compounding Scheme under Section 8, has to pay an amount equivalent to the input tax credit in respect of inputs held in stock and inputs contained in semi-finished or finished goods held in stock on the day immediately preceding the date of such switch over. It has also been provided that after payment of the amount on such goods, the balance, if any available in electronic credit ledger would lapse. The amount, required to be paid, is to be calculated as per GAAP in terms of section 16(13) of the MGL.
Articles in this section
- What is input tax?
- What is the implication of different definition of “input tax” in three acts viz CGST, SGST and IGST Acts?
- Can GST paid on reverse charge be considered as input tax?
- Does input tax includes tax (CGST/ IGST/SGST) paid on input goods, input services and/ or capital goods?
- What is the ITC entitlement of a person who has been granted registration under Section 16(2)?
- A person is eligible for input tax credit on inputs held in stock within how many days
- What is the eligibility of input tax credit on inputs in stock for a person who obtains voluntary registration?
- Where goods and/or services received by a taxable person are used for effecting both taxable and non-taxable supplies, whether the input tax credit is available to the registered taxable person?
- Where goods and/or services received by a taxable person are used for the purpose of business and non-business supplies, whether the input tax credit is available to the registered taxable person?
- What would be input tax eligibility in cases where there is a change in the constitution of a registered taxable person?