When any company is wound up and any tax or other dues determined whether before or after liquidation that remains unrecovered, every person who was a director of the company during the period for which the tax was due, shall jointly and severally be liable for payment of dues unless he proves to the satisfaction of the Commissioner that such non-recovery is not attributed to any gross neglect, misfeasance or breach of duties on his part in relation to the affairs of the company.
Articles in this section
- Which is the applicable section for the purpose of recovery of tax short paid or not paid or amount erroneously refunded or input tax credit wrongly availed or utilized?
- Can the person chargeable with tax pay the amount of demand along-with interest before issue of notice under section 51A?
- If notice is issued under Section 51A and thereafter the noticee makes payment, is there any need to adjudicate the case?
- What is the relevant date for issue of Show Cause Notice under Section 51A/B?
- Is there any time limit to issue SCN or adjudicate the case u/s 51A/B?
- Can the person chargeable with tax pay the amount of demand along-with interest before issue of notice under section 51B?
- If notice is issued under Section 51B and thereafter the noticee makes payment, is there any need to adjudicate the case?
- In case a notice is adjudicated under Section 51B and order issued confirming tax demand and penalty, does the noticee have any option to pay reduced penalty?
- What happens in cases (both under Section 51A & B) where notice is issued but order has not been passed within 3 years (51A)/5 years (51B)?
- What happens if a person collects tax from another person but does not deposit the same with Government?