- Will the CENVAT/ITC carried forward in the last return prior to GST under earlier law be available as ITC under GST?
- Example of credit of CENVAT
- VAT credit was not available on items 'X' & 'Y' as capital goods in the earlier law. Since they are covered in GST, can the registered taxable person claim it now?
- Assuming such a person wrongly enjoyed the credit, will the recovery be done in GST or earlier law?
- Give two examples of registered taxable persons who were not liable to be registered under the earlier law but are required to be registered under GST?
- Will ITC be allowed to a service provider on VAT paid inputs held as stock on the appointed day?
- A registered taxable person has Rs 1000 ITC credited to his electronic credit ledger from the last return under the earlier law. Now, he switches over to composition scheme in GST, will he get refund of that ITC?
- Sales return under CST (i.e. Central Sales Tax Act) is allowable as deduction from the turnover within 6 months? If, say, goods are returned in GST by a buyer after 6 months of sales, will it become taxable in CST or GST?
- Shall a manufacturer or a job worker become liable to pay tax if the inputs or semi-finished goods sent for job work under the earlier law are returned after completion of job work after the appointed day?
- What happens if the job worker does not return the goods within the specified time?
- Can a manufacturer transfer finished goods sent for testing purpose to the premises of any other taxable person?
- If finished goods removed from a factory for carrying out certain processes under earlier law are returned on or after the appointed day, whether GST would be payable?
- When tax shall become payable in GST on manufactured goods sent to a Job worker under the earlier law?
- Is extension of two months as discussed in section 150, section 151 and section 152 automatic?
- What is the time limit for issue of debit/credit note(s) for revision of prices?
- What will be the fate of pending refund of tax/ interest under the earlier law?
- What will be fate of any appeal or revision relating to a claim of CENVAT/ITC which is pending under the earlier law? If say, it relates to output liability then?
- If the appellate or revisional order goes in favour of the assessee, whether refund will be made in GST? What will happen if the decision goes against the assessee?
- How shall the refund arising from revision of return(s) furnished under the earlier law be dealt in GST?
- If any goods or services are supplied in GST, in pursuance of contract entered under earlier law, which tax will be payable?
- If consideration for a particular supply of services was received under the earlier law and tax on it was paid, will GST also become payable where such supply is made in GST regime?
- The supply of goods/services was made under the earlier law but a part of the consideration (say the retention money) is received in GST regime, will tax be payable in GST?
- If services are received by ISD under the earlier law, can the ITC relating to it be distributed in GST regime?
- Where goods (including capital goods) belonging to the principal are lying with the agents on the appointed day, will the agent be able to take ITC on the same?
- Goods were sent on approval before the appointed day but are returned to the seller after 6 months from the appointed day, will tax be payable in GST?